Tecedu (Technical Education) is an independent provider of Innovative Capability Development solutions focused on technical expertise and skills transfer within petroleum, mining and power generating industries. We provide turn-key training and development solutions, including development of core business skills, management and leadership competencies, improvement of the safety culture and technical competence.
Tecedu provides a wide rage of consultancy services as well, including Manpower services (recruitment and staffing), Training Outsourcing, LMS installation, curriculums development and technical consultancy.
We are seeking a developer responsible for building AVR simulations for various target platforms based on the Unity framework. Your primary responsibilities will be to implement project functionality translating design ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging simulation. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently develop simulation features of high level quality, on several platforms, by gathering requirements, designing solutions, implementing robust code, testing and debugging.
- Work with interaction designers, game developers, artists, animators, audio engineers and other programmers to design scalable and flexible products.
- Create efficient, optimized code while working with 3rd party libraries and tools
- Understand memory and performance limitations of target hardware
- Understand and be able to conform to the standards of target hardware
- Share and participate in continually improving the processes with which the simulation is being developed
- Collaborate and communicate with non-technical disciplines to improve the simulation
- Willingness to receive, create and maintain detailed task lists from team leaders
- Perform other duties as required
- Strong programming in C++/C# (5+ years)
- Experience with Unity 3D Game Engine
- Experience supporting all stages of the development lifecycle
- Experience with NGUI extension to Unity
- Knowledge of Visual Studio programming environment
- Ability to work in cross platform environments (Windows, iOS, Android)
- Ability to architect systems from scratch
- Software prototyping to convey quick ideas
- Works well both in a team and independently
- Actively seeks to improve skills
- Prior industry game development
- Mobile Apps (iPhone, Android, etc.)
- Prior experience with interfaces, GUIs a significant plus
- Ability to quickly and efficiently convey technical and complex ideas
- Project lead experience
- Unity Game
- Previous Unity 3D development experience (required)
- Design portfolio (required)
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or a other related field (preferred)